Monday, April 4, 2011

My Being.... Early Post #1





Originally Posted On Blogstream.com on Friday May 9th 2008 @ 12:15 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Being.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I sit listening to the rain gently rapping against the window pane, I can feel myself slowly leaning forwards. As if trying to listen to something locked cleverly away inside of it as though it were a child’s riddle. I hear it again more softly than before, a voice, cold and emotionless. I strain to hear it against the soft beating rhythm of the rain once again, as I consider the questions that it asks of me.
“ Do you have faith in God? ”
In an uncomfortable child like manner, my mind begins to stumble through all of the possible answers that I might offer the question.
“What is Faith?”
Hmmm.


1. Belief or Trust: Belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof.
2. Religion. Religion or religious group: A system of religious belief, or the group of people that adhere to it.
No, stop. That would be the text book version, it seems to me that when such a question is posed on a more personal level, that a more thoughtful and personal answer should be given. But I have to consider it more closely, as it is a question that I find that I cannot take lightly, so I must think about it. You see, sometimes when I try to analyze a question such as this, I tend to take the scenic route when reaching any possible conclusions. So if I may let me push the pause button for a minute to find what it is that I’m searching for.


See the thing is, I believe in God, but I catch a little bit of flack from more than a few people, some from people who go to church, and some flack from other people who simply choose not to believe at all. They all seem to share in the same argument. “How can a man that doesn’t go to church possibly believe in God?” well one question at a time, if I may. It isn’t, well, rocket science you know?. See in the late spring and early summer there is this thing that I like to regularly do. I occasionally like to take early morning bikes rides all around the outskirts of the city, you see, the air here, is so clean, especially in the early morning. See its about a ten or fifteen mile trip or so, and I like to take my time with it. I’ll just peddle along just me, the bike, nature and God.



I like to take these special opportunities to talk to him, oh its usually a one sided conversation on a verbal level, But he does answer on occasion if you know what to listen for. Oh we talk about this crazy world that I live in, and I offer him some of my better observations of life. I can always tell, see, when he’s listening I don’t hear anything, maybe a bird or two, and when he decides to talk, a small breeze will kick up every now and again and then I know when to stop and listen to him. Well, to some people that may sound crazy, they say things like, “Well how do you know God is real, if you can’t see him?” well Pumpkin.. Who says that you can’t see him? Maybe some people just don’t know where to look.



I’m sorry I seem to have lost the original question, but I am going to continue on anyway. I’m probably going to get into some hot water with some people for this statement but , it has always been my contention that god does not live in a church, he lives and breaths and works his magic in the world you see around you. Still some doubt. Some even call it the belief in a fairy tale. To each their own I suppose. Some people only believe with their eyes, to them the world is full of nuts and bolts and human beings are little more than the direct result of a biological accident. I see God every day, In the air that we breathe, the food that we eat. I see him in other people, every time they reach out to help someone, every time hope is given to those who have none.


No you don’t have to go to church to believe in God. You just need a heart and an open mind. And yes a little Faith. I close my eyes again to reconsider the original question, and given the text book version of faith I can offer no better definition of the word in its truest form. I.. Have.. Faith. And I am secure and completely confident in the knowledge that death is not the end, That there is still some good to be found in the world, the greatest miracle in the world is life itself, there IS a God, and I am Human.. Not by accident, but by divine design. So.. What was the question again??

~Scratch~


I Got so involved reposting things on Tumblr I plumb forgot to post them here too.. thanks for reminding me Whit!



6 comments:

  1. Druids believed Gods lived in trees. If they could do it, why not us?

    I remembered this post. Nice to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scratch,
    I missed this post on Blogstream. Nice to catch it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry:


    I mainly moving stuff over to blogger so I don't lose them. I just thought that this post belonged here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this on Blogstream

    glad I didn't miss it here

    Great Post!


    ice

    ReplyDelete
  5. your post kept reminding me of a poem, one I really like.

    So, here it is; or at least the part I really like.

    This World is not Conclusion.
    A Species stands beyond --
    Invisible, as Music --
    But positive, as Sound --
    It beckons, and it baffles --
    Philosophy -- don't know --
    And through a Riddle, at the last --
    Sagacity, must go --

    Emily Dickinson

    ReplyDelete