Monday, February 5, 2024

We're All Mad Here.



I knew a guy once, well that isn't exactly true, he was an acquaintance of a friend of mine. Everyone, it seemed-knew about him, except me. Dude, whom I'll call Marvin- it seemed, was a tad touched in the head and everyone avoided him like he had cooties because of it. Well-everyone except me, I was always a little curious about his odd behavior and I used to catch myself studying him from a distance. He was constantly talking to himself, about god only knows what, and when he did engage in conversation with other people it quickly escalated into a full-blown argument without provocation of any kind. even in passing, no matter what the subject, Marvin could become combative at the drop of a hat. He disappeared one day, seemingly just dropping off the face of the Earth, I never did find out what happened to him. Marvin was a lunatic, a touch insane, but no matter his mental state, at his core-he could still be considered a decent enough guy. IF HE LIKED YOU.

This morning I was bouncing around on another blog site reading a few blogs here and there, some had a familiar feeling to them. I couldn't put my finger on it this morning, but when I came back on last evening, the thought of Marvin just popped in my head. most blog sites-so it would seem, have a few Marvin's here. People that just seem to live to argue with everyone around them, Over politics, over religion, over whatever comes up I suppose. I do it myself from time to time, although to my best recollection I've never had any serious provocation's on TS or the other blog site. I have been in an argument or two here and there, but there are those, it would seem, that could start an argument in an empty elevator. And what I find particularly funny is they argue over the same shit day in day out, over and over again, never reaching any reasonable conclusions. I suppose I'm just as crazy as they are because I have read such blogs- (especially the comment sections) more than once. Albert Einstein once defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. I suppose, to some degree, we are all mad here.

No comments:

Post a Comment