Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Blogging VS Social Media.

 



Someone asked me on X (Formerly Twitter) why I do still write on a blog site? well, I've always enjoyed reading and writing blogs more than I have enjoyed sites like Facebook and their ilk. On social Media you have a limited platform in the respect that most of your audience won't have the patience to sift through two or more paragraphs of text to get to a point, when all they can be bothered to read, is what you had for dinner, or some quirky meme or a joke, if they have to engage their brains for more than 2–3 minutes they can't be bothered with it. I remember the first time I saw a text message, I was like, WHAT IS THAT?? it was like I was trying to decipher some long-lost text, from Ancient Greece, or something written in Klingon. What it may boil down to? It's the simple ability to read and write in long form VS the short dispersal of brain vomit that you typically find on Facebook and other social media sites. I really don't like social media for this reason, to me, it's more like short attention span theater, If I post there it's usually just to give family and other people I'm trying to keep in touch with a quick update on my day and to let them know that I'm still breathing, otherwise it goes largely ignored 99% of the time, most of them don't even know what a blog even is. so why blog if you feel like nobody is reading it? well, I suppose there are just some things that we do simply because we enjoy doing it, being creative enough to write in long form at any level is becoming more and more, a dying art. you almost HAVE to enjoy it, or the point of the exercise is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment