Friday, June 8, 2018

We need more Brick and Mortar book Stores

image
Nothing could ever trump the feeling that I got whenever I walked into our local Borders bookstore. I loved the way it was arranged, I loved the way it smelled and out of all of my favorite experience ’s in life- going to Borders ranked right up there near the top. See- I really enjoy reading a good book, but it isn’t just the reading part for me that adds to that experience, that new book smell, the way it feels in your hands, the sounds that are made when you turn each page, I am a huge HUGE book lover. But due to declining business- they closed the doors on our Borders here some time ago, they closed up shop so I haven’t been up there in some time now..
I would imagine that some new store has taken its place now, although in my head it will always be Borders, the store in my mind- is empty now, the books have been shipped off and sold to other regions of the country, and all that remains and empty dust cluttered shelves. While there is a large part of me that embrace’s technology, there is another part in the darker recesses of my soul that dwells a deep hatred of such things.. A part of me that screams  ”Screw you technology! take your Ereaders and your Ebooks and shove them both up your ass crack you godless bitch!”  I hope one day that a Barnes & Noble come here. I miss going to the bookstore. maybe I’m just getting old.
image
image
image

No comments:

Post a Comment