Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Donut Apocalypse.







I stumbled out of bed this morning a little later than usual; having an unplanned vacation day off from work can do that to you sometimes.  I got up and showered and fell into my usual routine, made coffee, milled through the cupboards looking for something for breakfast, nope nothing, that’s when I decided to do the unthinkable, I walked to the local quickie mart to get donuts.. Yeah I know, that’s healthy isn’t it? Donuts for breakfast, what? Lots of people eat donuts for breakfast and they don’t worry about what kind of shape their in do they? After all; round is a shape. Isn’t it?  So I get about a half of a block from home when I begin to notice something rather peculiar, there were three- count em THREE figures lumbering along the sidewalk in front of me.


I immediately began to take notes of the three ominous figures; now about three quarters of a block ahead of me. They were of average size, shoulders were slumped a little, heads down, their feet appeared to be scuffling along, over all disheveled appearance,  not walking at all like normal people would. I quickened my pace to get a little closer as more clues began to develop. They were making grunting noises, but no legible language that I recognized was being used. That’s when it struck me, I was following three zombies! Three actual walking, grunting zombies!  At that point I began considering turning around and heading home to fetch my camera, but surely they would have gotten away.  I carefully maintained a safe distance of three quarters of a block; I didn’t want to get too close after all, being zombies they might attack even if I hadn’t provoked them.  

I tried to calm myself back down by thinking about my actual mission at hand, I was hungry and I wanted donuts.  Mmmmm..  Donuts, Donuts with powdered sugar all over them, donuts with glaze all over them, chocolate donuts, vanilla donuts,  low fat donuts, donuts with waaay too much sugar,  Kristy Kremes, Dunkin donuts, Hostess Donuts,  yeah, so I like donuts. But I had gotten so completely caught up in my donut quest that I had forgotten about the three zombies walking only a half a block ahead of me now. My fears of being eaten alive by zombies were soon dashed when we reached the stop light and I saw that they weren’t zombies at all, Silly me, they were just three teenagers texting on their cell phones on their way to school. But you could see why I got confused, texting teenagers do kinda look like drooling lumbering zombies don’t they? Now then, where was I? oh yeah, donuts.. 

2 comments:

  1. So, what kinna donuts didja get?

    Zombies aren't just teenaged anymore. Haven't you ever noticed the number of folks who think they can walk/drive and text at the same time?

    Even falling into manholes doesn't stop em. They're scary, really, really scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygawd, we love glazed donuts, and have had some of the freshest...yum! nothing better than a big glazed donut or two with a cold glass of milk!

    ReplyDelete