Friday, November 10, 2017

Miles Behind Me..






It seems I've spent three lifetimes walking down this road,
Never getting to where I'm going,
Never looking back at where I've been.
It's a hard road sometimes, lots of lessons, lots of potholes.
Sometimes I find myself drifting, sometimes I stumble,
Sometimes I fall, but I always get back up,
Dust myself off, keep on walking.
It's like life this road, you just keep putting one foot in front of the other,
Baby steps, but you keep moving, through hardship, through joy, through love and pain,
Through the light and into the dark and back out the other side.
You don't give up, no matter what, you just keep walkin'
because you have somewhere you need to be.
Me? yeah man, I'm still walkin' this road, one foot in front of the other,
Ten thousand miles behind me, and a million more to go.
But hey man, it a simple fact of life,
You can never really get anywhere without puttin' in the miles.

~Anthony B/Rantshack. 9/15/17

No comments:

Post a Comment